Last baseball season on Aug.6, amidst over 18,000 people drawn to downtown Fresno for the annual Taco Truck Throwdown, the Fresno Grizzlies rebranded as the “Fresno Tacos” for one game only, defeating the Sacramento River Cats 7-4 at Chukchansi Park.
In 2016, the Fresno Tacos will return to battle Pacific Coast League foes not just for one evening, but for all 10 Tuesday home games at Chukchansi Park this season. “Taco Tuesdays” will also feature a different local taco truck for each game, showcased as a competitor for the 6th Annual Taco Truck Throwdown, which will take place on Thursday, Aug. 18.
“Last season, there was some speculation that we might become the Fresno Tacos permanently, but to be sure, we’re prouder than ever of the Fresno Grizzlies,” said Tacos Grizzlies General Manager Derek Franks. “Coming off our first Pacific Coast League and Triple-A National Championship in franchise history, Growlifornia Republic is alive and growing. But we saw how special the Fresno Tacos were to our fans for just one night, and there’s no harm in multiplying that pride times 10 this season.”
Other Grizzlie promotions
* Must Catch Mondays: 2 field level reserve tickets, 2 Fresno Chafee Zoo vouchers, 2 Blackbeard’s Mini Golf vouchers, 2 John’s Incredible Pizza kids’ buffets – all for $22. Presented by The Fresno Bee.
* Wear The Bear Wednesdays: Wear Grizzlies gear to win tickets to the next Wednesday home game and a 25% discount at the team store.
* Tecate Thursdays: 24 oz. Tecate beer for $2, through the end of the fifth inning and $1 sodas (12 oz.) all game.
* Farm Grown Fridays: Presented by Whole Foods Market, enjoy a farmer’s market at every Friday home game this season.
* Save Mart Sundays: Future Houston Astros autograph session before the game, Family Catch on the Field before the game (beginning June 12) and Kids Run the Bases after the game presented by Sun-Maid.