Unique summer camps are being offered for eight weeks at Yosemite High School for children four to 12 years of age this summer. The camps, offered by America’s Kids in Motion of Clovis, will be held 1 - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, starting June 13, at Yosemite High School. The camps are being held for the first time in Oakhurst.
The registration fee for each one-week camp is $105 and includes an afternoon snack, and a t-shirt. Each camp will provide optional daily swimming. The camps offered during the eight weeks are as follows:
* June 13-17: A Frozen Wonderland (ages 4-9) and Operation Nerf (ages 6-12).
* June 20-24: Under the Sea (4-9) and Gymnastics (6-12).
* June 27-July 1: American Girl (4-9) and Sports (6-12).
* July 5-8: Gymnastics (4-9) and Week at the Beach (6-12).
* July 11-15: Sports (4-9) and Best of Camp Kids (6-12).
* July 18-22: Best of Camp Kids (4-9) and Pirates and Mermaids (6-12).
* July 25-29: Operation Nerf (4-9) and Super Heroes (6-12).
* Aug. 1-5: Best of Camp Kids (4-9 and 6-12).
Details of each camp are as follows:
* A Frozen Wonderland: Campers will sing and dance to the songs from the movie Frozen. They’ll share their favorite scenes from the movie and have discussions about characters.
* American Girl: Have your little one bring her favorite doll to camp and play “American Girl” all week long. Filled with bonding activities, campers will work with their friends to decorate purses, and put on a fashion show for both themselves and their dolls.
* Best of Camp Kids 2016: This camp will be a combination of the best crafts, games, and activities from every themed summer camp. Campers will get to create a Lego fortress, battle with nerf guns, play volleyball and participate in a talent show.
* Gymnastics: Learn about the great sport of gymnastics. Campers will learn skills on the bars, vault, balance beam, trampoline, and floor.
* Operation Nerf: Your child’s excitement will not be contained during the Operation Nerf camp featuring tactical training, team building games, and target practice. .Nerf guns for use and ammunition will be provided.
* Pirates & Mermaids: Campers will walk the plank, play shipwreck, and race pirate ships. They’ll find their inner mermaid or pirate this week through nautical themed activities.
* Sports: This week of camp will be filled with competitions and activities as children are introduced to soccer, gymnastics, swimming, basketball, baseball, volleyball, football, and tennis. This camp will have campers learning about sportsmanship and teamwork along with a healthy amount of competition.
* Super Heroes: Bring your camper to join in the adventures with the Camp Kids’ staff as they use their imagination to become true super heroes. This camp will include games, activities and visits from some of our favorite super heroes.
* Under the Sea: Campers will love this week of exploring the wonderful world of the Ocean. Sharks, fish, and other sea animals will be a big part of this week.
* Week at the Beach: Sign up for a day camp vacation. Children will be learning how to surf, play volleyball, and create some awesome sand art.
Details: America’s Kids in Motion, (559) 324-7946, americaskidsinmotion.com.