On May 15, two people under the influence of narcotics were found chasing two other people with a firearm and crossbow in the 30000 block of Stetson Drive. One of the two was arrested, with one cited and released.
That was one of 81 incidents reported to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office the week of May 15-May 22, with some in the Mountain Area listed below:
* May 15: Deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident in the 40000 block of Highway 41. It was later determined in investigation information provided by a woman was false.
* May 15: A person with an outstanding warrant was cited in the 40000 block of Highway 41.
* May 16: Theft reported at a business in the 39000 block of Road 425B.
* May 16: A student at Yosemite High School was found in possession of drug paraphernalia in his backpack. Case forwarded to Juvenile Probation.
* May 16: Burglary reported in the 49000 block of Golden Oak Drive.
* May 16: Vandalism reported in the area of Civic Circle and Highway 41. Two people were arrested and booked in Madera County Jail for felony vandalism, public intoxication, and several warrants.
* May 18: A deputy was dispatched to the Oakhurst substation in regards to thefts from an area nursery.
* May 18: Criminal threats reported in the 39000 block of Road 425B. The person was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail.
* May 19: A male was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail for an outstanding warrant and obstructing an officer.
* May 20: Attempted burglary reported in the 39000 block of Pine Ridge Road.
* May 21: A subject was cited for a misdemeanor warrant in the area of Highway 41 and Golden Oak Loop.
* May 15: Harassment by text messages and phone calls was reported in the 31000 block of Bear Paw Way.
* May 15: A woman reported her 22-year-old daughter and 4-year-old grandson were missing from the 45000 block of Old Corral Road.
* May 16: Residential burglary reported in the 33000 block of Rio Way.
* May 17: A suspicious vehicle was reported in the 28000 block of Flying O Ranch Road.
* May 20: A person was arrested at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino for public intoxication, and booked at Madera County Jail.
* May 21: A male was jumping in and out of traffic in the area of Highway 41 and Lucky Lane. Charges filed with the District Attorney’s Office.
* May 22: Lawn equipment and a quad vehicle were stolen in the 46000 block of Stone Creek Drive.
* May 15: Vehicle vandalism reported in the 50000 block of Smoke Tree Trail, with punctures in the tires.
* May 15: An intoxicated person was stumbling in and out of traffic in the area of roads 222 and 200. He was booked into Madera County Jail.
* May 18: A suspicious person was reported in the North Fork area.
* May 19: A man fell down a waterfall in the Whiskey Falls area in Cascadel, and suffered a sprained ankle. Emergency medical crews and Cal Fire assisted in moving the subject to the roadway, while the female he was with needed assistance with her dogs. The man was taken to Saint Agnes Hospital in Fresno for treatment.
* May 21: A male and female created a disturbance at a community event in the 40000 block of Covey Court. The female had an active felony warrant. After she complained of chest pain, she was transported to a Fresno hospital for treatment, and was arrested once discharged. Charges were requested against the male, and a vehicle blocking a roadway was towed.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 81 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of May 15-May 22, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.