On May 11, a Madera County Sheriff’s Deputy was dispatched to the area of Road 425B and Honeysuckle Lane because a woman was riding a lawnmower on a gravel road. The mower was later determined to be stolen from the Sierra Mountain Little League group, and was returned, but the woman fled on foot and wasn’t found.
That was one of 86 reports to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of May 8-May 15, with many in the Mountain Area listed below.
* May 8: Assault reported in the 40800 block of Highway 41. All parties requested no charges be filed.
* May 8: An assault was reported by phone in the area of Road 426. The victim was being treated at a Fresno hospital and did not wish to press charges.
* May 8: A suspect at Oakhurst Community Park was cited for two misdemeanor warrants and released.
* May 9: Theft reported in a Yosemite High School classroom.
* May 9: Domestic assault reported in the 40000 block of Highway 41. Case was forwarded to the District Attorney’s office.
* May 10: Theft reported in the 40500 block of Highway 41.
* May 10: Vehicle burglary reported in the 51000 block of Road 426.
* May 11: A suspect turned herself in for warrants at the Oakhurst substation, and was arrested then later booked at Madera County Jail.
* May 12: A male suspect was arrested in the parking lot of the Oakhurst Library while allegedly attempting to break into a vehicle. He was also in possession of narcotic paraphernalia and had an outstanding warrant.
* May 13: Money was stolen from a business in the 40600 block of Highway 41.
* May 15: Domestic incident reported in the 40000 block of Highway 41.
* May 9: Vehicle burglaries reported for two vehicles in the 31000 block of Quartz Mountain Road.
* May 9: Family disturbance reported in the 41000 block of Lilley Mountain Drive.
* May 10: Two were arrested with warrants in the 46000 block of Comstock Road.
* May 10: Harassing text messages reported in the 31000 block of Bear Paw Way.
* May 12: Theft reported in the 43800 block of Road 415.
* May 12: A trail of blood leading to the front door of a residence was found in the 43000 block of Ranger Circle Drive. The suspect was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail.
* May 15: A missing persons report was filed on a 22-year-old woman and her 4-year-old son in the 45000 block of Old Corral Road.
* May 9: Two stolen bicycles reported in the 54000 block of Pine Tree Lane.
* May 11: A driver stopped for traffic enforcement was arrested and cited on a warrant.
* May 12: Two yard lights were stolen from a church in the 56000 block of Road 200.
* May 15: A male stumbling in and out of traffic in the area of Road 222 and Road 200 was arrested for public intoxication and booked into Madera County Jail.
* May 15: Vandalism reported in the 50000 block of Smoke Tree Trail.
* May 13: Family disturbance reported in the 42000 block of Highway 49.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 86 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of May 8-May 15, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.