On May 2, After a deputy was dispatched to the 50300 block of Barcus Circle for a burglary report, a victim said some of his property was stolen by his ex-wife.
Some of the property was found at the ex-wife’s home, and she was placed into custody though the victim did not wish to seek prosecution. The property was returned and the ex-wife was released.
That was one of 90 calls made to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office the week of May 1 to May 8, with those in the Mountain Area listed below:
* May 1: A driver with an arrest warrant out of Mariposa County was stopped in the area of Highway 41 and Road 425B. The vehicle was impounded and the case was forwarded to the district attorney’s office for charges.
* May 1: A person in possession of a stolen item from a vehicle burglary reported on April 30 on Highway 41 and Road 630 was contacted in the city of Madera.
* May 1: Narcotics were found inside a white Ford F-150 truck in the 49000 block of Road 427. The driver was arrested.
* May 5: A man with two warrants out of Mariposa County was caught fleeing a trailer in the 39000 block of Evergreen Drive. He was transported to Mariposa County deputies to be booked.
* May 5: Several keys for storage rooms in the 42000 block of Highway 49 were reportedly stolen.
* May 6: A civil dispute took place in the 44900 block of Mountain Meadows Road.
* May 6: A juvenile came to school with a black eye. Report taken and forwarded to Child Protective Services.
* May 7: Assault and battery reported in the 49000 block of Road 427. A male juvenile was booked into Madera County Juvenile Hall as a result.
* May 8: Assault reported in the 40800 block of Highway 41.
* May 1: A suspicious vehicle was reported in the 36000 block of Wells Road.
* May 1: A female with a felony and misdemeanor warrant out of Fresno was issued a citation at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino.
* May 1: Aggravated assault by vehicle was reported in the 43000 block of Road 415.
* May 2: An outdoor marijuana grow was reported by a concerned citizen in the Coarsegold area who wished to remain anonymous.
* May 3: Several items were stolen from a trailer in the 46000 block of Konklin Road.
* May 5: A disturbance was reported in the 47000 block of Hopi Avenue.
* May 6: Bullying was reported at a Coarsegold school.
* May 3: A male suspect at La Cabana Restaurant was issued a citation for a misdemeanor warrant out of Fresno County.
* May 3: Vandalism was reported in the 32000 block of Weatherly Lane.
* May 6: Deputy was dispatched to the 32000 block Road 222 for a reported court order violation.
* May 6: A mailbox cluster in the 55000 block of Lake Point Drive was broken into and vandalized.
* May 5: An attempted burglary was reported in the 36300 block of Cedar Lane.
* May 6: A mailbox cluster was vandalized in the 47000 block of Foxfire Drive.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 90 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of May 1-May 8, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.