On April 27, the Explosive Ordinance Unit of the Fresno County Sheriff’s Department was sent to a home in the 47000 block of Road 200 in O’Neals, due to a live fuze rocket inside the home. Though the rocket was real, it was determined no longer a danger to the public and the case was closed.
That was one of 88 incidents reported to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of April 24-May 1, with some of the reports listed below.
* April 25: Wei Jian Xiu, of Oakland, was arrested in the 48000 block of Road 620 for cultivating an illegal marijuana grow at two homes.
* April 27: Attempted burglary reported in the 49000 block of Road 426.
* April 27: A 13-year-old student was allegedly chased by an unknown adult male, and escaped to the Boys & Girls Club. The suspect was not located.
* April 27: A suspect with an outstanding warrant was arrested in the area of Highway 41 and Hodges Hill.
* April 27: Possible sex offense reported in the 49000 block of Greenacre Road.
* April 28: A person was reported missing, and was last seen at the Oakhurst Library.
* April 28: A student at Yosemite High School was reportedly in possession of cigarettes on campus.
* April 28: Vandalism was reported to a business in the 40000 block of Highway 41.
* April 28: A bike was reported possibly stolen in the 49000 block of Golden Oak Drive.
* April 28: An arrest was made in the 41000 block of Highway 49 after a juvenile was reportedly hitting her mother.
* April 29: A suspect was booked into Madera County Jail after an assault with a knife in the 40000 block of Winding Way.
* April 29: A male suspect in a domestic disturbance at apartments on Victoria Lane was booked in Madera County Jail for a misdemeanor warrant.
* April 29: Two checks were reported stolen out of a vehicle near the Oakhurst Dollar Tree. The checks were later cashed, and the case was forwarded to detectives.
* April 30: A fence was vandalized and two light panels were stolen in the 40000 block of Highway 41.
* May 1: During a vehicle check on a white Ford F-150 truck in the 49000 block of Road 427, narcotics were found and the driver was arrested.
* April 24: Burglary reported in the 50000 block of Smoke Tree Trail.
* April 26: Possible fraud reported in the 28000 block of Beaver Creek Road.
* April 26: Vandalism reported in the 45000 block of Road 200.
* April 28: Assault reported in the 45000 block of Road 200.
* April 25: A suspect was arrested in the 31000 block of Wyle Ranch Road on a felony warrant.
* April 25: A suspect was arrested on a no-bail felony warrant in the 33000 block of Cascadel Heights Drive.
* April 29: Domestic disturbance reported at the North Fork Market.
* April 30: A male and female were arrested in the 33100 block of Willow Creek Drive, after a male was seen in the street yelling about a gun.
* April 26: A glass smoking pipe was found near a school in the 31000 block of Road 400.
* April 26: A trespasser was reported at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, and booked in Madera County Jail under citizen’s arrest.
* April 27: Theft reported at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino.
* April 27: Residential burglary reported in the 48000 block of Lazy L Summit Road.
* April 27: A mailbox cluster was vandalized.
* April 30: On Road 416 across from Highway 41, a vehicle was reportedly stolen at gun point. Two female suspects were identified. Case was forwarded to detectives.
* May 1: Aggravated assault involving a vehicle was reported in the 43000 block of Road 415.
* April 25: Theft reported at Hensley Lake.
* April 26: Marijuana and a pipe were found hidden behind a classroom in the 31000 block of Road 600.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 88 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of April 24-May 1, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.