The Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to 70 calls throughout the week of Jan. 17 - Jan. 24.
Below are some of the calls responded to that week:
* Jan. 19: Medication reportedly stolen from a home in the 38000 block of Highway 41.
* Jan. 19: Deputies responded to a person trespassing and refusing to leave in the 41000 block of Highway 41, and arrested a male suspect on unrelated warrants. A female suspect was cited and released.
* Jan. 20: A female suspect was arrested in the 51000 block of Ponderosa Way and booked at Madera County Jail.
* Jan. 21: Damage caused to tire and rear panel area of a sheriff’s vehicle when a deputy backed into a power pole on Harmony Lane at Highway 49.
* Jan. 24: Vandalism reported at an apartment complex in the 48400 block of Victoria Lane. During investigation, the estimated value of the damage was less than $400.
* Jan. 21: Theft reported in the 30000 block of Longview Lane East.
* Jan. 19: Theft reported in the 30000 block of Road 222.
* Jan. 20: Identity theft suffered by a victim who resides in North Fork. Three unauthorized charges were made at a location in Hayward. Victim said they still had that card, and hadn’t been to Hayward in around 20 years. Case forwarded to Hayward police for investigation.
* Jan. 18: Deputies were dispatched to the 55000 block of Lake View Drive regarding a cold burglary.
* Jan. 20: Theft reported in the 43000 block of Metcalf Gap Road.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 70 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of Jan. 17 - Jan. 24, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.