On July 5, Madera County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a residence on Road 200 in O’Neals, regarding a suspicious male walking through private property. The male was contacted, and was found to have an outstanding out-of-county felony warrant for his arrest. He also had a small amount of suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. He was booked at Madera County jail, and the case has been forwarded to the DA’s office.
* June 29 - Report of suspicious subjects behind the Grocery Discount Center. Two subjects were contacted and found to be in possession of narcotics; they were cited and released. Case forwarded to the DA office.
* June 30 - Oakhurst postmaster reports vandalism to cluster mail boxes at Highway 41 and Road 620.
* June 30 - Theft from an area motel on Highway 41 reported.
* July 4 - Report of male subject throwing up and threatening a store clerk on Highway 41. Because of his history of mental issues, he was transported to Madera Community Hospital.
* July 4 - Report of subjects taking a shower with the garden hose at the Oakhurst Library. A male subject, who was drinking alcohol, was cited and released. Case referred to DA office for charges.
* July 4 - Report of female subject striking vehicles off Highway 49 with her fist off. Upon arrival, deputies found the woman to be extremely intoxicated. Due to this, and her complaints of pain, she was transported to an area hospital for further treatment. Case report written and sent to DA office for prosecution.
July 1 - Report of an assault on Shriner’s Lane. Charges requested.
* June 29 - Deputy dispatched to Road 274 and Road 432 regarding a theft from the Bass Lake Water District plant. Report taken, no evidence, case closed.
* July 2 - Report of possible burglary on Cedar. Upon further investigation, it was determined that the renter had lost his key and crawled back inside through the window.
* July 5 - Report of male subject assaulted on Manzanita Drive. The victim was driven to Madera Community Hospital for injuries to the face. No arrests made and suspects left the scene. Victim requests charges for the assault. Case pending due to further follow-up on suspects.
July 3 - Deputy responded to a home on Road 222 investigating the report of a missing person. An investigation was conducted and the missing juvenile was located at a nearby residence. Allegations of long-term child abuse were made by the juvenile, and he was placed on a hold. Because all abuse allegations occurred in Fresno County, the juvenile was turned over to Fresno County CPS.
* July 2 - Report of theft to business on Yosemite Springs Parkway regarding theft by two juveniles. Both juveniles located and cited.
* July 5 - Deputy dispatched to home on River Road Way to contact a female regarding an investigation of an assault. The female was found to have an outstanding warrant, was placed into custody and transported to the Madera County jail. Case closed.
Note: The above calls are a sampling of the 83 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of June 29 to July 5, and are in no way inclusive. All suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty.