Serious injuries in two separate accidents

John G. Miller, 52, of Fish Camp, was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident on Highway 41 at about 3 p.m. July 3.

According to the California Highway Patrol, Miller was riding his 2007 Yamaha southbound on Highway 41, north of Road 630 at an unknown speed when the accident occurred.

The CHP reported Miller started passing vehicles by crossing the double-yellow center line, when he came upon Jessa Solon, 32, of Oakhurst, also traveling southbound, who had stopped her 1998 Subaru Outback to make a left-hand turn onto Road 630.

Miller had just passed another vehicle and moved back into the southbound lane but was unable to avoid colliding with the left rear of Solon’s car.

Upon impact, Miller was thrown from his motorcycle, suffering major injuries. He was transported by Sierra Ambulance to Oakhurst and then taken by SkyLife helicopter to California Regional Medical Center in Fresno, where he remained in critical condition Tuesday afternoon.

Solon was not injured.

Accident last Friday briefly closes Highway 41

An accident on Highway 41 Friday afternoon, July 1, briefly closed Highway 41 when a solo vehicle rolled over and blocked the southbound lane south of Mecca Lane in Coarsegold.

At about 2:30 p.m., California Highway Patrol officers said Audelina Molina, 53 of Madera, had left her shift at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, when at an unknown speed and for unknown reasons, she steered her 2012 Toyota Camry LE up an embankment on the west side of the highway which caused the vehicle to overturn and come to rest on its wheels.

The highway was closed for 30 minutes while CHP officers and firefighters pushed the vehicle off the roadway.

Molina suffered moderate head injuries, with lacerations to her face. She was transported to Central Regional Medical Center in Fresno by American Ambulance.

Officers are investigating the cause of the wreck, under suspicion that Molina might have been driving under the influence of either drugs or alcohol.

The Camry was totaled, and the highway was reopened in both directions about 3 p.m.

Staff Report