Key dates and deadlines for the Nov. 8 Consolidated Presidential General Election are as follows:
* Candidate nomination and filing period: July 18 to Aug. 12.
* Period to submit arguments for or against measures: Aug. 13 to Aug. 22
* Period to submit rebuttals to arguments: Aug. 23 to Sept. 1.
* Certified list of candidates from Secretary of State: Sept. 1.
* Issue 60 day ballots to military and overseas voters: Sept. 9.
* Mailing of county and state voter information guides: Sept. 29 to Oct. 18.
* Period for issuance of Vote by Mail ballots: Oct. 10 to Nov. 1.
* Last day to register to vote: Oct. 24.
* Saturday voting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Nov. 5.
* Election Day: Nov. 8.
Details: Madera County Elections Division, (559) 675-7720, www.votemadera.com
Madera County Elections Division