On May 26, a Madera County Sheriff’s Deputy was conducting a routine patrol check of a business in the 33000 block of Road 222, in the North Fork area, when a manager said they wished to file charges on a woman who had caused a disturbance.
When the deputy was arrested, under citizens arrest authority, and being transported to Madera County Jail, she allegedly spit on an officer, which is considered a form of assault. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office for related charges.
That was one of 87 incidents reported to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of May 22 to May 29. Below are some from the Mountain Area:
* May 23: Identity theft report taken at Oakhurst sheriff’s substation.
* May 24: Deputies responded to the 40000 block of Indian Springs Road for possible inappropriate pictures of a juvenile. The juvenile was contacted and placed on a hold and turned over to Child Protective Services.
* May 24: Missing persons report filed in the 40000 block of Goldside Drive.
* May 24: Fraud report filed at the Oakhurst sheriff’s substation.
* May 24: A female was contacted and arrested in the 41000 block of Highway 41 for refusing to comply with deputy directions. She was cited and released.
* May 25: Fertilizer was reportedly stolen from Western Sierra Nursery. This has been an ongoing issue, deputies reported.
* May 25: Theft reported in the parking lot of Yosemite High School.
* May 25: Residential burglary reported in the 49600 block of Road 426.
* May 26: Fuel was reported stolen from a van in the 49000 block of Golden Oak Drive.
* May 27: Assault and battery reported in the 38000 block of Bon Vue Place, with no arrests made. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney’s office for review.
* May 28: Deputies investigated reports of a stabbing victim in the area of Sierra Vista Lane and Country Club Drive W.
* May 22: Lawn equipment and a quad were stolen from a home in the 46000 block of Stone Creek Drive. A suspect was arrested, and the property was returned to the victim.
* May 23: A deputy responded to the Chukchansi Economic Development Authority office regarding a burglary report.
* May 26: A woman with a misdemeanor warrant was cited and released in the 35000 block of Texas Flat Mine Road. A male suspect in the area, wanted on a misdemeanor bench warrant, was cited and released as well.
* May 26: Possible burglary reported in the 42000 block of Long Hollow Drive.
* May 27: A suspect wanted for parole violations was arrested in the 46000 block of Road 417. Firearms and narcotics were located in the home.
* May 28: Domestic disturbance reported in the 32000 block of Highway 41.
* May 28: Neighbors were in a dispute in the 47000 block of Seminole Avenue.
* May 28: A promoter of the Coarsegold Peddler’s Fair would not allow a vendor to participate, as they had no permit from the Environmental Health Department. The vendor set up shop anyway, and was advised to leave.
* May 24: Assault reported in the 57000 block of Road 225.
* May 25: A missing 78-year-old man was found by Madera County Search & Rescue at Jones’ Store on Beasore Road.
* May 24: While checking on a suspicious vehicle in the 54000 block of Crane Valley, a male suspect provided deputies with a false name. Case was forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office.
* May 26: A female was cited and released on two misdemeanor warrants in the 50000 block of Smoke Tree Trail, during an eviction check.
* May 29: A missing adult was found by Madera County Search & Rescue and returned to his campsite at the Chikoot Campground.
* May 23: The Madera County Search & Rescue Team assisted with an injured hiker in the area of Tenaya Falls. He was rescued by SAR, Cal Fire, and Sierra Ambulance.