On March 30, an adult male was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail when he was caught by deputies allegedly taking obscene photos of a juvenile-aged female on Avalon Lane in Coarsegold.
Also, from the week of April 3 to April 10, the Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to 87 incidents, with summaries of some cases in the Mountain Area listed below:
* April 3: Trespassing was reported in the 43000 block of Highway 41.
* April 4: Theft reported in the 49000 block of Vista Heights Lane.
* April 4: An adult male was arrested and booked at Madera County Jail for a domestic disturbance at the top of Deadwood.
* April 4: A vehicle was vandalized in the parking lot of the Denny’s restaurant in Oakhurst.
* April 7: Using an unlocked back window, a burglary suspect broke into a business in the 42000 block of Highway 41.
* April 10: A possible burglary took place in the 42000 block of Highway 41.
* April 3: A suspect pushed a victim inside a room at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino.
* April 3: Possible trespassing and threats were reported in the 30000 block of Highway 41.
* April 3: A suspect was cited and released while inside Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino.
* April 3: One suspect was cited on a number of warrants after he turned himself in.
* April 4: A verbal disturbance took place in the 45000 block of Meadow Brook Road.
* April 4: A man on the run from Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino security was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail for a domestic disturbance.
* April 3: A vehicle was burglarized in the Willow Creek parking area.
* April 4: A home was burglarized in the 39000 block of Arrow.
* April 5: A suspect in a vehicle containing 30 marijuana plants was booked into Madera County Jail.
* April 5: A juvenile had consumed an alcoholic beverage in the 32000 block of Weatherly Lane, and was taken to juvenile hall on a separate crime.
* April 5: During investigation of a female possibly under the influence of a narcotic, allegations were made of child abuse out of state. A report was forwarded to detectives and Clovis New Mexico police for investigation.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 87 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of April 3 - April 10, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.