From the week of Feb. 28 to March 5, the Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to 87 calls, with several in the Mountain Area relating to domestic disputes and alleged juvenile crimes including a male Yosemite High School student arrested for carrying a knife on campus March 2.
The following is a list of the sheriff’s log for the week.
* Feb. 29: A suspect with three warrants out for his arrest was located near Civic Circle Drive and Highway 41. When searched, narcotics were found in his possession and he was cited as a result.
* Feb. 29: A man refused to leave a business in the 40000 block of Highway 41. He was arrested and a report was taken.
* Feb. 29: A lawn tractor was stolen from a shed in the 49000 block of Road 426.
* March 2: Fencing was cut in the maintenance storage area of Yosemite High School.
* March 2: A male student at Yosemite High School was arrested and booked into Madera County Juvenile Hall for having a knife on campus.
* March 2: Two old batteries outside a barn in the 51000 block of Road 423 were stolen.
* March 3: Three transient people were contacted by a deputy in the area of Road 425B and Road 426. One was turned over to the Mariposa County Sheriff’s Department due to outstanding warrants, while the other two were ordered to leave the area.
* March 4: Suspects were reportedly jumping a fence into a storage area in the 40000 block of Highway 41. Two were detained, cited, and released.
* March 4: A woman said she was falsely imprisoned in the 51000 block of Dorstan Drive.
* March 4: Possible fraud reported in the 51000 block of Dorstan Drive.
* March 4: Possible fraud reported in the 49000 block of Hartwell Road.
* Feb. 28: Vandalism reported in the 29900 block of Horseshoe Drive.
* Feb. 29: Possible trespassing occurred at a teacher’s home in Coarsegold. The incident is being handled by a school principal.
* March 3: A man was transported to a hospital for psychological evaluation after found lying on the side of the road near Skyline Ridge Road and Highway 41.
* Feb. 28: Check fraud reported in the 33000 block of Road 222.
* March 3: Several accounts were opened in a victim’s name, who reported identity theft.
* March 2: Medication and a drivers license were stolen from a purse at a home in the 45000 block of Duke Circle.
* March 5: A baby was turned over to emergency services because its father had an outstanding felony warrant and was arrested in the 41000 block of Highway 49.
* March 2: Theft reported in the 53000 block of Acorn.
* March 3: Assault reported in Bass Lake, with deputies waiting on a victim’s decision to press charges or not.
* March 4: Two juveniles were cited and released to their parents after caught in a drug transaction in the 45000 block of Road 200.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 87 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of Feb. 28 - March 5, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.