On Feb. 16, during a traffic stop in the 33100 block of Road 222 in North Fork, Andrew Gaylord and Heather May were arrested for being in possession of a sawed-off shotgun, approximately a quarter-ounce of methamphetamine, and a pound of marijuana. There was also stolen property in the vehicle.
The Madera County Sheriff’s Office asked anyone with information about the case to call (559) 675-7770.
Other than those arrests, deputies responded to 81 calls made the week of Feb. 14 - Feb. 21, with several in the Mountain Area. A sampling of those calls are listed below.
* Feb. 14: An apartment’s kitchen window in the 48000 block of River Park Road was shattered after a suspect threw an object through it.
* Feb. 14: Vehicle vandalism reported in the 48000 block of River Park Road.
* Feb. 16: A bicycle was stolen in the 40200 block of Highway 41.
* Feb. 18: Deputy dispatched to the 43000 block of West Sugar Pine Drive for computer hacking.
* Feb. 18: Vandalism was reported in the 51000 block of Dorstan Drive. Victim requests charges be filed with DAs office.
* Feb. 18: Fraud reported in the 40000 block of Highway 49.
* Feb. 20: Deputy dispatched to Wortham Road regarding a subject wanting an ambulance due to self-inflected razor cuts to his neck. Subject sent to Madera Community Hospital for mental health evaluation.
* Feb. 14: Assault reported in the 27000 block of Highway 41. After further investigation, the call was found to be a carjacking. Evidence was obtained and arrest was made.
* Feb. 14: A suspect with a felony warrant out of Fresno County was arrested near Highway 41 and Lucky Lane.
* Feb. 16: Theft reported at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino.
* Feb. 17: A stolen item was returned to the victim after reported theft in the 46000 block of Forest Glenn Road.
* Feb. 17: Burglary was reported in the 46000 block of Road 417.
* Feb. 16: An alarm in the 33000 block of Road 274 was caused by someone forcing entry into a locked storage unit.
* Feb. 17: Threats reported in the 54000 block of Wildwood Springs Trail.
* Feb. 17: A backpack was stolen from the bed of a pickup truck in the area of Central Camp and Road 274.
* Feb. 17: Deputies conducted an investigative vehicle stop on Road 225 near Road 274. No arrests were made.
* Feb. 18: A woman sleeping on a couch at a business in the 56000 block of Road 200 was cited for a warrant and released.
* Feb. 19: Motor vehicle parts were stolen in the 33000 block of Road 223.
* Feb. 17: Items stolen from several unlocked vehicles in the area of Beasore Road, approximately four miles north of Road 274.
* Feb. 18: While investigating an incident of vandalism to a mailbox, a man was cited and released for a misdemeanor warrant in the area of Road 222 and Road 274.
* Feb. 18: A man was arrested for public intoxication after causing a disturbance at a business in the 54000 block of Road 432.
* Feb. 19: Assault reported in the 39000 block of Ledge.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 81 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office from Feb. 14 - Feb. 21, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.