The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Cal Fire Madera-Mariposa-Merced Unit, has announced that thanks to the generosity of The Smokey Bear Run/Walk, Carbon Monoxide will soon be distributed to families of Eastern Madera County. It’s state law that every home has a carbon monoxide detector and smoke alarm.
Cal Fire and the Smokey Bear Run/Walk will host distribution dates at the following locations:
* Cal Fire Bass Lake: Monday, Feb. 22, 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.
* Madera County Fire Station 12 (Oakhurst): Monday, Feb. 22, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
* Madera County Fire Station 8 Chukchansi (Road 417): Tuesday, Feb. 23, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Cal Fire Station Coarsegold (Veater Ranch Road and Highway 41): Tuesday, Feb. 23, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
* Cal Fire Station Raymond: Wednesday, Feb. 24, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
* Cal Fire Station Rancheria (Road 200) – Thursday, Feb. 25, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Cal Fire Station Ahwahnee (Highway 49) – Thursday, Feb. 25, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
NOTE: A limited number of carbon monoxide will be provided free of charge at each site. Families with young children and senior citizens are encouraged to get one. Information on the proper installation, testing and maintenance of alarms will be provided.