On Monday, Oct. 19, a deputy from the Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to an apartment complex in the 48000 block of Victoria Lane, as a puppy was reportedly locked inside a vehicle all weekend without food or water. The deputy took the puppy to the Bass Lake Animal Control Facility to receive care, and the case was forwarded to Madera County Animal Control to further investigate alleged abuse.
That was one of 71 calls covered by the sheriff’s office the week of Oct. 19 - Oct. 25, with the following a sampling of incidents in the Mountain Area.
* Oct. 19 - A mail box cluster at Road 426 and Highview Drive was vandalized. Investigation conducted and report written.
* Oct. 19 - A home in the 46700 block of Eastwood Drive North was reportedly burglarized.
* Oct. 19 - After a burglary Oct. 17, a deputy responded to alleged check forgery at the Oakhurst Grocery Outlet. The incident was deemed unrelated to the burglary, and the forged check occurred in the jurisdiction of North Charleston, South Carolina, where the case was forwarded.
* Oct. 20 - Flowers and a flower pot were reportedly taken from a home in the 39000 block of Brandywine Lane.
* Oct. 20 - At a residence in the 39900 block of Road 425B, a deputy responded to burglary, theft, and vandalism.
* Oct. 20 - A male suspect with a felony warrant out for his arrest was contacted in the 40000 block of Highway 41, and booked in Madera County Jail.
* Oct. 21 - Mail theft reported in the 38000 block of Wood Leaf Lane.
* Oct. 21 - An allegedly intoxicated female causing disturbances outside a home in the 49000 block of Coller Holler Lane was taken into custody and booked at Madera County Jail.
* Oct. 22 - Commercial burlgary reported in the 40000 block of Highway 41.
* Oct. 24 - Someone with a misdemeanor warrant was cited and released behind Crab Cakes Restaurant.
* Oct. 25 - A suspect in the 41000 block of Highway 41 was arrested for allegedly stealing from a store in the area.
* Oct. 19 - An unknown suspect burglarized a house in the 46000 block of Oonay Nation Road.
* Oct. 20 - A probation search in the 36000 block of Wells Road resulted in evidence of forgery and fraud. Fraud and drug-related charges requested against a Coarsegold resident.
* Oct. 25 - Reports of shots fired at an unoccupied vehicle in the 31900 block of Shah Court.
* Oct. 20 - Someone in the 52000 block of Road 225 reportedly violated a restraining order. Through investigation, a separate violation had occurred and a suspect was arrested.
* Oct. 22 - Deputies were dispatched to the 33000 block of Road 221 in North Fork regarding a suspicious vehicle parked in front of some homes. An investigation was started and a nearby building was burglarized, with stolen items inside the vehicle. A suspect sitting in the front passenger seat was arrested on possession of stolen property and booked at Madera County Jail.
* Oct. 22 - A boat barn in the 37000 block of Road 222 was burglarized. Several items, including wake boards and keys to numerous boats were stolen. A suspect on unrelated charges was arrested.
* Oct. 23 - A female suspect was put under citizens arrest and later booked into Madera County Jail for allegedly assaulting a victim during a family dispute.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 71 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of Oct. 19 - Oct. 25, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.