More than 100 custom and restored vehicles lined-up on the lawn at the Oakhurst Community Park Sept. 12, for the Sierra Oakhurst Kiwanis Club’s 13th Annual Run for the Gold Classic Car Show.
All proceeds from the event go to Mountain Area elementary schools in the form of grants that teachers apply for. Over the past 13 years, the event has provided more than $100,000 to area schools for a variety of items and programs, including iPads, art materials, science projects, music and drama programs, and athletic equipment.
Vehicle categories included stock cars, stock trucks, muscle cars, street rods, imports, model Ts, Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, and Firebirds.
The Best of Show Award went to Russ and Cheryl Johnson of Paso Robles for their silver and maroon 1955 Chevy Bel Air Paso Robles.
The Peoples Choice award went to Brad Miller of Coarsegold for his 1947 Chevy.
Other car show results are:
* Best of show: Russ and Cheryl Johnson - ‘55 Chevy BelAir silver and maroon - Paso Robles.
* Best Chevy Pick Up: Frank and Della Salcido - ‘51 Chevy Pick up black and cherry - Madera.
* Best Stock car/Truck '59 or earlier: Robert (Moreno) Frosty’s ‘59 Chevy Impala red and white - Coarsegold.
* Best Stock car/Truck '60 or later: Bob Gilman ‘72 Chevy C10 pick up green from Clovis.
* Best modified Truck '59 or earlier: Carl Williams ‘55 Chevy pick up blue Paso Robles.
* Best Modified Truck '60 or later: Arthur Anderton ‘63 Ford Ranchero blue - Paso Robles.
* Best Model A/T/others up to ‘32 (non hot rod): Bill Atwood '29 Ford Model A touring car black - Bass Lake.
* Best Corvette C1/C4: Fred Treat ‘62 Corvette fawn colored - Madera.
* Sheriff's Award: Arthur Anderton ‘63 Ford Ranchero blue - Paso Robles.
* Best Mustang ‘64 - ‘93: Lynell Edmisten ‘68 Ford Mustang gold - Ahwahnee.
* Best Mustang ‘94 -’2015: Mike Smith '01 Ford Cobra Mustang black - Coarsegold.
* Best Muscle Car ‘60 -’79: Brian Merchant '70 Plymouth Roadrunner red - Clovis.
* Best Muscle Car 2000 and newer: Mark Luz 2010 Dodge Challenger silver - Coarsegold.
* Best Street Rod thru 1940: Greg Paboojian ‘32 Ford - Fresno.
* Best Fat Fender ‘41-’49: Brad Miller ‘47 Chevy - Coarsegold.
* Best 1950s cars: Don Ashton ‘59 “Pink Lady” Cadillac Convertible - Coarsegold.
* Best 1960s car: Craig Bourbond ‘65 Dodge Coronet 500 turquoise - Paso Robles.
* Best 1970s car: John and Cindy Diaz ‘70 Chevy Impala champagne gold - Madera.
* Best ‘55 - ’57 Chevy: Patty and Jerry Privett ‘55 Chevy red and black - Oakhurst.
* Best Chevelle/Camaro/Firebird: Lloyd Sullivan ‘66 Chevy Chevelle - Fresno.
* Best Import Car: Barbara Newton ‘67 Jaguar 420G Black/Golden - Golden Valley, Ariz.
* Best Rat Rod: Mathew Saar ‘41 Chevy Panel - Prather.
* Best Special Interest Car: Mike and Candice Basinger ‘37 Ford Coupe yellow - Brentwood.
* Best Open Class: Ed Carlton ‘50 Chevy Convertible - Oakhurst.
* Long Distance Award goes to Barbara Newton from Golden Valley, Ariz.
* Lady’s choice Award: Richard and Sandy Wendt ‘40 Chevy pick up cream/maroon -Oakhurst.
* Best Roadster/Hot Rod: Don and Debbie Brooks ‘30 Model A black - Madera.
* Best Club Participation: Mountain Road Rattlers - 18 cars.
* Peoples Choice award: Brad Miller of Coarsegold for his ‘47 Chevy.