On July 31 at 6:52 p.m., deputies responded to the area of Meadow Ridge Road and Highway 41 for a report of a male being assaulted by three unknown individuals. The victim was found in the Chevron Station, and was taken to the hospital for medical treatment. Case will be sent to the detective division.
Other calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Department the week of July 27 to Aug. 2 include:
* Report of subject trying to pass a counterfeit check on Highway 49; subject left prior to deputies arrival.
* Report of burglary to a business on Highway 41. Case suspending, pending investigative leads.
* Report of theft to a residence on Pettit Road.
* Madnet agents served a search warrant off Hidden Meadow Road regarding a marijuana transportation investigation. Agents recovered a stolen firearm, which had been reported stolen to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office in 1987. The firearm was booked into evidence, and subsequently transferred to the sheriff’s office.
* Verbal argument between man and women off Westwood Way leads to felony vandalism charges being filed against the male subject.
* Report of theft of items from a store on Highway 41; subject located and returned the items. Business owner requested no charges be filed.
* Deputies flagged down regarding theft of beer off Highway 41; male subject arrested and taken to Department of Corrections for the theft.
* Report of assault on Highway 41; victim taken to hospital, charges pending.
* Report of homeless man trespassing at a restaurant on Highway 41. The male was told to leave and not return that evening by the deputy. He returned and was placed into custody for trespassing. Case forwarded to district attorney office.
* Deputy dispatched to residence on Road 417 regarding a suspicious package from China, received through the mail. It was determined the package had no hazardous material.
* Call originated from CPS regarding lewd acts with a child that occurred several years prior off Spring Trail. An initial investigation was conducted, and report forwarded to the valley for follow-up.
* Deputy initiated vehicle stop on black motorcycle on Highway 41 near Veater Ranch Road. Rider failed to yield ans was pursued eastbound on Veater Ranch Road onto the dirt portion of the road. Pursuit terminated. Motorcycle was located without the rider and was towed.
* Deputy responded to report of a domestic assault in Yosemite Lakes Park, where the male subject had a rifle to kill himself and deputies if they arrived on scene. Suspect taken into custody, and charges forwarded to district attorney’s office.
* Report of commercial burglary off Road 432.
* Report of broken window and possible burglary to a vacation rental home on Paha.
* Deputy contacted male subject on waverunner for suspected theft. Subject arrested on an out of county warrant, and booked at Department of Corrections.
* Theft of paddle boards from the shoreline of Bass Lake reported.
* Report of a possibly suicidal male off Ridge Top Drive; a 5150 hold placed and the subject was transported to a hospital. Case closed.
* Report of jewelry stolen from residence off Fast Lane.
* Deputy working the Willow Fire detail was advised by the incident commander that pieces of a firearm were found during the fire clearing. The firearms pieces were collected and booked into property.
Report of assault with a firearm off Highway 49, arresting male subject for the negligent discharge of the firearm.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of the 83 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of July 27 to Aug. 2, and is in no way inclusive. All suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty.