More than 25 exclusive luxury getaways will be on the auction block Aug. 6 at a special dinner at Erna’s Elderberry House to benefit the Boys & Girl’s Club of Oakhurst.
Hosted by Craig Mungary, owner of Fresno’s River Park Travel, the “Getaway Party” starts at 6 p.m. with dinner served at 7 p.m., with the live auction to follow.
Mungary explained that the Getaway Party is a fun and exciting way to raise much needed revenue for the Oakhurst club, while offering the opportunity for attendees to win their next dream vacation.
“We are combining the very best of three worlds ... the commitment of Mountain Area donors to support the Boys & Girls Club of Oakhurst, their desire for luxury, and a very special dining experience,” Mungary said.
More than 25 exclusive getaways will be auctioned off including:
* Egerton House - London - with VIP Victorian and Albert Museum tours.
* The Cove Atlantis - Paradise Island Bahamas - includes dolphin adventure.
* Royal Hawaiian - Honolulu - includes $100 resort credit.
* Terranea Resort - Rancho Palos Verdes - ocean view villa.
* Sea Dream Yacht Club - top rated ‘boutique ships’ - Caribbean sailing adventure.
* Ritz Carlton San Francisco - with dinner for two at Parallel 37.
* Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa - with VIP Benziger family winery tour.
* Carmel Valley Ranch - includes round of golf.
Representatives of some of these luxurious hotels and resorts will make presentations during the event.
Elderberry House Chef De Cuisine Jonathon Perkins and staff will be preparing the dinner for the evening consisting of heirloom tomato soup, roasted Berkshire pork tenderloin with thyme pesto, served with sweet corn cistard, smoked potato croquettes, chanterelle mushrooms, and tangy onions. Dessert will be strawberries, coconut dacquoise and sorbet, slow roasted pineapple with vanilla.
Cost of the dinner is $250 per couple.
RSVP: Bgcgetawayparty.org, or River Park Travel, (559) 431-7440.
- Staff report