Theft of unoccupied residences in the Bass Lake area were reported to the Madera County Sheriff’s Department last week, and both cases were closed due to insufficient leads.
In the first incident, June 1, suspects forced their way into an unoccupied cabin located in the Beasore Meadows area, took items, and left area without being seen or heard. The case was closed until further leads develop or suspects can be identified.
In the second incident, June 5, theft was reported at a vacant residence off Road 222. The unknown subject(s) removed the front gate of the property and broke into the residence, taking miscellaneous furniture, with an estimated value of $100. There were no witnesses, and the case is closed due to insufficient leads.
Other recent sheriff office calls include the following:
* 8:43 a.m., June 2 - Deputy responds to call regarding theft of gasoline and gas tanks from boats off Road 222.
* 10:15 a.m., June 3 - Suspect found on Highway 41 intoxicated and unable to care for his own safety or safety of others. He is arrested and transported to jail in Madera.
* 1:37 p.m., June 5 - Deputy responds to burglary on Highway 41.
* 12:13 p.m., June 3 - Deputy responds to a business on Road 426 for a burglary report. Investigation conducted and no suspects found. Case closed.
* 9:04 p.m., June 4 - Report of bicycle theft on Griffin Drive; no arrests made.
* 2:38 p.m., June 5 - During a patrol check on Highway 41, deputy located a subject in possession of narcotics and drug paraphernalia. The subject is arrested, cited, and released.
* 1:36 p.m., June 6 - Report of domestic violence on Road 425B. Male suspect arrested.
* 11:31 a.m., June 7 - Deputy on uniformed patrol on Highway 41 finds subject on probation, with an active warrant out of Mariposa County, and in possession of a methamphetamine pipe. Suspect taken into custody, case forwarded for prosecution.
* 5:51 p.m., June 7 - Retail store on Highway 49 reports shoplifting, suspect identified, and case forwarded to D.A.’s office.
* 2:56 a.m., June 5 - Deputies respond to report of stabbing victim on Road 221. No victim who had been stabbed found, but there had been a physical assault by two individuals who fled the scene prior to deputies arrival. Photos were taken of the victim’s injuries and the area was checked for the subjects, but no one was located.
* 7:27 a.m., June 6 - Report of a disturbance where the victim stated that a male subject had choked her with both hands, and had thrown a rock at the back of her vehicle’s rear window. She also claimed that the subject threatened to harm her and her family. Subject arrested and transported to Madera; case referred to D.A.’s office for filing of charges.
* 1:25 p.m., June 6 - Deputy dispatched to Arab Walk in regards to a subject who had assaulted his mother, is possibly mentally ill, and was tearing up the house. Subject detained, EMS arrived, and subject placed under 5150 hold. No charges requested by mother. Two firearms taken and booked at the Oakhurst substation.
Note: The above are a sampling of the 97 calls for service made to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of June 1-7, and are in no way inclusive. All suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty.