On Jan. 29 at about 4:15 p.m., a Madera County Sheriff’s Deputy responded to the 32000 block of Road 221 in North Fork when a possible human jawbone was found in a vacant field.
The jawbone was collected and booked into evidence, and will be examined by an anthropologist to determine its validity and what may have happened.
That was one of 162 calls received by the sheriff’s office for the weeks of Jan. 24 to Feb. 7, with several in the Mountain Area. Their summaries are below:
* Jan. 24: Vehicle burglary reported at the intersection of Highway 41 and Road 222.
* Jan. 24: Homeless occupants issued citation and told they had to move from known homeless encampments.
* Jan. 24: A vending machine theft was reported in the 40000 block of Highway 49.
* Jan. 24: Vandalism under $400 in value reported at an apartment complex in the 48400 block of Victoria Lane.
* Jan. 25: A suspect in the 48800 block of Royal Oaks Drive was given a citation for a warrant.
* Jan. 27: Burglary reported in the 40000 block of Elliott Drive.
* Jan. 27: A suspect with outstanding warrant was issued a citation for the warrant and released in the 49000 block of Road 426.
* Jan. 31: Briefcase theft was reported by phone call.
* Feb. 2: Vehicles were vandalized in the 40100 block of Highway 49.
* Feb. 3: Several chain saws and some tree climbing equipment was stolen from a storage container near Golden Oak Drive and Golden Oak Loop after a suspect cut a door lock.
* Feb. 3: Mail theft reported in the 40000 block of Hodges Hill Drive.
* Feb. 3: Mail theft from a mailbox cluster reported in the 50000 block of Road 426.
* Feb. 4: A window was broken and a computer damaged due to a thrown rock in the 39000 block of Highway 41.
* Feb. 5: More mail theft reported in the 40000 block of Hodges Hill Drive.
* Feb. 5: A suspect stole a window and frame from the exterior of a building in the 37000 block of Road 425C.
* Feb. 5: Assault reported near Yosemite High School. A deputy investigating the area obtained statements, with a suspect named by the victim.
* Feb. 6: Items stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 49000 block of River Park Road.
* Feb. 6: A male suspect was arrested for making criminal threats of shooting a woman during an argument, as well as weapons charges.
* Jan. 24: Theft reported at Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino. Surveillance footage will be reviewed of an unknown suspect forcing a vehicle’s window down and taking several items.
* Jan. 25: An unknown male in the 41700 block of Lily Mountain Drive was reportedly throwing objects at passing cars. No damage was reported and no one was injured.
* Jan. 26: Mail theft reported in the area of Oonay Nation Road and Comstock Drive.
* Jan. 29: A suspect with an outstanding misdemeanor traffic warrant was cited and released in the 47000 block of Road 417.
* Jan. 29: Unlawful use of a credit card reported by a Coarsegold resident at the Oakhurst substation.
* Jan. 31: An adult male was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail for being publicly intoxicated at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino.
* Jan. 31: While investigating a minor motor vehicle accident at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, a juvenile passenger was determined to be intoxicated, and was turned over to his mother with a report sent to the Madera County Probation Department.
* Feb. 1: A female suspect was unable to care for herself while publicly intoxicated at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino. She was arrested and taken to Madera County Jail.
* Feb. 4: Upon arrival to a burglarized home in the 35000 block of Highway 41, a deputy took statements as numerous tools were stolen.
* Feb. 5: A male suspect was arrested and booked at Madera County Jail for assaulting his girlfriend.
* Feb. 5: CAt bite reported in the 44000 block of Trabuco Road.
* Jan. 25: Vehicle theft reported in the 32000 block of Ram Drive.
* Jan. 28: Deputies responded to reports of a vehicle stuck in the snow along Mammoth Pool Road. Search and Rescue Team members helped extract the vehicle and a person.
* Feb. 1: Items stolen from a home in the 54000 block of Willow Cove.
* Feb. 3: Vandalism reported in the 31000 block of Road 600.
* Feb. 6: A female was arrested and booked at Madera County Jail for assaulting her mother in the 31000 block of East Street.