At around 9 p.m. Sunday, June 12, a male customer at a business in the 40400 block of Highway 41 holed himself up in the restroom for over an hour, and refused to leave or let anyone else in.
The man, who later demonstrated slurred speech, was unsteady on his feet, and smelled of alcohol, was told by the business owner and deputies to leave the business, but he continued to refuse.
The owner wanted trespassing charges filed against the man, and gave permission for forced entry into the restroom, where he was placed under arrest and booked at Madera County Jail with the case forwarded to the district attorney’s office.
That was one of 91 incidents reported to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office the week of June 5 - June 12, with some of the reports listed below:
* June 6: Theft reported at a business in the 49000 block of Golden Oak Drive.
* June 6: A suspect with a confirmed warrant out of Madera County was placed under arrest, and found with illegal narcotics. They were booked into Madera County Jail.
* June 7: Criminal threats were reported in the 48000 block of Road 620, where a suspect was arrested and booked in Madera County Jail for the threats, and felony vandalism.
* June 8: A clerk at the EZ Mart along the 40000 block of Highway 41 was robbed at gunpoint by a male who stole a bottle of brandy. The man fled the scene, and the report was forwarded to the district attorney’s office.
* June 8: A church in the 39000 block of Black Road had a window vandalized.
* June 10: Deputies responded to the 42000 block of Buckeye Road for smoke coming from a vacant residence. A report was created for a warrant arrest and the case was closed. No fire was located.
* June 12: During a patrol check in the 49100 block of Road 426, a deputy contacted a male subject who was arrested, cited, and released for possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia, and five active misdemeanor warrants. The case was forwarded to the district attorney’s office and superior court for prosecution.
* June 5: A deputy was dispatched to the 47000 block of Veater Ranch Road due to reports of a residential burglary. The victims believed the suspect is possibly their estranged, adult-aged son.
* June 6: While checking a vehicle parked on the side of the road with its emergency flashers on in the area of Highway 41 and Van Teri Road, a man was found with an outstanding warrant for his arrest, and was arrested.
* June 6: A package was stolen from a community mailbox in the area of Yosemite Springs Parkway and Long Hollow Drive.
* June 8: A cold residential burglary was reported in the 33000 block of Longo Road.
* June 9: A vehicle was vandalized in the 46000 block of Veater Ranch Road.
* June 12: A home was burglarized in the 47100 block of Forrest Glenn Road, after a deputy was dispatched to investigate a case of vandalism.
* June 12: An adult male and female at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino were both arrested while drunk in public and obstructing justice and resisting arrest. The female also had a warrant for a public intoxication violation. Both were booked into Madera County Jail.
* June 5: Assault reported in the 55000 block of Wilcox Drive.
* June 6: Items were stolen from several cars in the 57000 block of Road 225.
* June 11: A vehicle was found vandalized behind the Bass Fork Mini Mart in the 54000 block of Road 200.
* June 5: Assault reported in the 33000 block of Road 800.
* June 6: Vandalism reported in the 32000 block of Road 608.
* June 5: Threats reportedly made by a female juvenile on social media.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 91 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of June 5 - June 12, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.