The 25th Annual Best of the Valley Restaurant Awards dinner was held at Fresno’s Double Tree by Hilton, March 7.
Erna’s Elderberry House Restaurant, the five-star restaurant in Oakhurst, received two of the 34 awards given that evening, winning the Best Fine Dining and Most Romantic Restaurant awards. This came after Erna’s being honored with the California Restaurant Association Fresno Chapter’s Lifetime Achievement Award last year.
Honorees were selected on votes by more than 2,500 of their Central Valley peers. John Harris of Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant won this year’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 2015 Best of the Valley Category Winners are:
• Best Breakfast: Patio Cafe
• Best Fast Food/Drive Thru: Chick-fil-A
• Best Fast Casual Restaurant: Colorado Grill
• Best Asian Restaurant: Sakura Chaya
• Best Mexican Restaurant: Sal’s Mexican Restaurant
• Best Family Dining: Mimi’s Cafe
• Best Fine Dining: Erna’s Elderberry House Restaurant
• Best Pizza: Mike’s Pizzeria
• Best Sushi: Edo-Ya Tokyo Cuisine
• Best Winery: Cru Wine Company
• Best Sports Bar: The Mad Duck Craft Brewery
• Best Hotel/Casino Dining: Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino
• Best Italian Restaurant: Parma Restaurant
• Best Newcomer: The Annex Kitchen
• Best Kept Secret: School House Restaurant
• Friendliest Service: BJ’s Kountry Kitchen
• Best Watering Hole: FIVE Restaurant
• Most Romantic Restaurant: Erna’s Elderberry House Restaurant
• Best Steak: Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
• Best Banquet: Pardini’s Catering & Banquets
• Best Catering: The Painted Table
• Best Hamburger: Colorado Grill
• Best Sandwich: Deli Delicious
• Best Craft Brewery: The Mad Duck Craft Brewery
• Best Country Club Dining: Fort Washington Golf & Country Club
• Best Indian Restaurant: Brahma Bull Indian Cuisine
• Best Bakery: Eddie’s Bakery Cafe
• Best Seafood: Central Fish Co.
• Best Mediterranean Restaurant: Diana’s Restaurant
• Best Barbeque Restaurant: Westwoods BBQ & Spice Co.
• Beverage Purveyor/Supplier of the Year: Stefanelli Distributing, Inc.
• Purveyor/Supplier of the Year: Yosemite Linen Supply
• Restaurateur of the Year: Mohammad Hobab, Deli Delicious
• Lifetime Achievement Award: John Harris, Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant