On Tuesday, March 22, a man from outside Madera County was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center of Fresno after he was shot in the leg while in North Fork.
Sheriff’s officials didn’t release the name of the 35-year-old man, and the cause of the shooting was unclear as deputies investigated the event on separate witness reports.
During the week of March 13 to March 20, the Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to an additional 79 calls, many in the Mountain Area related to thefts and threats made towards store employees.
Here is the sheriff’s log, providing a summary of some of those calls:
* March 13: An old plow was stolen in the 42000 block of Maples Lane.
* March 14: Vandalism reported in the 41000 block of Highway 41.
* March 14: Deputies were contacted at the Oakhurst substation regarding possible suspicious data storage. Case was forwarded to the detective unit.
* March 15: A PG&E phone scam was reported in the 49000 block of Road 426.
* March 15: A student at Yosemite High School was arrested and booked into juvenile hall for possessing marijuana on campus. Charges were requested on a second student for the same reason.
* March 15: Burglary reported in the 40800 block of Highway 41.
* March 16: A man was arrested for making threats at multiple businesses, saying he’d kill employees and law enforcement.
* March 17: A physical disturbance between a man and woman was reported in the 40000 block of Highway 41. No charges were requested.
* March 19: A customer made threats towards a clerk at a business in the 40000 block of Highway 49.
* March 20: Theft reported in the 42000 block of Shady Lane.
* March 13: A guest at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino was arrested for a no bail, felony warrant out of Sacramento.
* March 14: Deputy in the 42000 block of Ranger Circle took reports of a mother reporting she saw a male in her daughter’s room the previous night. Case was forwarded to several agencies.
* March 15: Fraud reported in the 35000 block of Highway 41.
* March 15: A woman was arrested for public intoxication at Chuckhansi Gold Resort & Casino.
* March 15: A female was cited on Yosemite Springs Parkway near Patrick Avenue for driving on a suspended license.
* March 16: Theft reported in the 46000 block of Road 417.
* March 18: A suspect was named for reporting threats. Case was forwarded to the district attorney’s office.
* March 20: Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino staff requested assistance for security in getting a female to leave. She refused, and while being taken into custody for trespassing, attempted to strike a deputy.
* March 13: Assault reported in the 57000 block of Road 225.
* March 16: Residential burglary reported in the 54000 block of Pine Tree Lane.
* March 16: A deputy investigated a stabbing in the 57000 block of Road 225. The victim received minor wounds and did not wish to press charges.
* March 18: Possible scam reported in the 57000 block of Amber Lane.
* March 19: A man was cited for a misdemeanor warrant.
* March 16: Vandalism reported in the 45000 block of Sunrise Drive.
The above is a sampling of 79 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of March 13 - March 20, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.