Peter Clarke, Jennifer Piccolotti, and James Mierkey were recently honored for their outstanding performances during the Golden Chain Theatre’s 2015 season.
Peter Clarke, as Daniel Desmond in “Bertha the Beautiful Typewriter Girl,” was named Best Actor in a Play, and Jennifer Piccolotti took home the Best Actress in a Play award for her portrayal of Magda in “The Wardrobe.”
James Mierkey was named Best Actor in a Musical for his outstanding perfomance as Tevye in “Fiddler on the Roof.”
There were no leading actresses in GCT musicals in 2015.
Other 2015 honorees
GCT’s awards night was held earlier this month to honor some of its best actors and actresses, as well as thanking all cast members and supporting crew who helped make 2015 a successful season. Other award winners included:
* Best Supporting Role, Actor - Robert Brott as Skeets Skinner in “Bertha the Beautiful Typewriter Girl”
* Best Supporting Role, Actress - Mary Helen Mierkey as Mrs. Boyle in “The Mousetrap”
* Best Supporting Role, Musical Actor - Al Joyal in “Godspell”
* Best Supporting Role, Musical Actress - Lyric Piccolotti in “Godspell”
* Best Minor Role, Actor - George Rich as Manolo in “The Odd Couple”
* Best Minor Role, Actress - Stephanie Brock as Stefa in “The Wardrobe”
* Best Minor Role, Musical Actress - Melinda Rich as Fruma Sarah in “Fiddler on the Roof”
* Best Minor Role, Musical Actor - Roland Ott as Rabbi in “Fiddler on the Roof”
School of Performing Arts
Beginning Monday, Feb. 1, community members are encouraged to learn the arts of acting and music from trained professionals, including James Mierkey.
The GCT School of Performing Arts will hold private classes for vocal and piano work, and group classes in both basic acting, as well as choir singing.
Mierkey will teach private sessions at $20 per class, which is available to students of any age or skill level. The group acting and choir classes are $10 for each session, and accepts students ages 7-17.
GCT is planning on broadening their offerings in the fall schedule of classes, depending on need and availability.
Details: (559) 760-8789.
New staff positions
For the first time in the history of GCT, the board of directors have announced the appointment of paid staff members.
Jennifer Piccolotti has been hired as the GCT’s full time Artistic Director, and James Mierkey has been hired as full time Musical Director/Instructor for GCT.
In a spoof of famous HBO series “The Sopranos,” GCT will host musical comedy murder mystery “The Altos” through Valentine’s Day.
The show is rated PG-13 intended for an adult audience, and will run 6 p.m. each day from Feb. 12 - Feb. 14.
For $45 per person, guests will also enjoy a catered three-course meal including appetizer, main course, and dessert.
Details: goldenchaintheatre.org, (559) 683-7112.