Rebecca Martinez, Madera County Clerk-Recorder and Registrar of Voters announced that in accordance with the provisions of the Elections Code of the State of California, a Consolidated Presidential Primary Election will be held in Madera County on Tuesday, June 7, 2016 for the following offices:
FEDERAL AND STATE OFFICES
* President of the United States
* U.S. Representative in Congress, Districts 4 &16
* Member of the Assembly, District 5
* United States Senator
* Judge of the Superior Court, Office 1 (Mitchell Rigby incumbent)
* Judge of the Superior Court, Office 2 (D. Lynn Jones)
* Supervisor, District 3 (Rick Farinelli)
* Supervisor, District 4 (Max Rodriguez)
* Jan. 1 - Feb. 10* Signature in lieu of Filing Fee Period - Judicial Candidates
* Jan. 1 - Feb. 10* Declaration of Intention Period -Judicial Candidates
* Jan. 1 - Feb. 25* Signature in lieu of Filing Fee Period - Voter Nominated/NonPartisan
* Feb. 15 - March 11* - Nomination & Declaration of Candidacy Period - All Candidates
* March 12 - March 16* - Extended Nomination and Declaration of Candidacy Period
March 12 - March 21* - Period to Submit Arguments For or Against Measures (300 words or less)
March 22 - April 1 - Period to Submit Rebuttals to Arguments For or Against Measures (250 words or less)
April 11 - May 24 - Write-in Candidacy Period
* - indicates date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Holiday. Filing date moves to next business day.
Interested candidates must obtain and file the required documentation to run for office from the County Clerk-Recorder, located at 200 W. 4th Street, Madera California.
The County Clerk-Recorder will issue and file documents during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, during each of the filing period listed above.
Pursuant to Elections Code Section 10515, if there is an insufficient number of nominees, the supervising authority shall make appointments.
Any person may obtain a copy of the materials from the elections official. The elections official may charge a fee to any person obtaining a copy of the material.
The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on the day of the election.
For more information, contact the County Clerk-Recorder, Elections Division at 559-675-7720 or toll free at 1-800-435-0509.