From the weeks of Dec. 20 - Jan. 3, the Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to 153 calls, with many in the Mountain Area focused on reports of thefts and burglaries, as well as at least one stolen car incident and two cases of a suspect stealing outdoor lights. Below are summaries on some of the 153 calls:
* Dec. 20: Mail theft was reported at a mail box cluster in the area of Pine Meadow and Road 423.
* Dec. 21: Theft reported in the 45000 block of Sutton Drive.
* Dec. 23: A male suspect later located at Oakhurst Community Park was drinking alcohol and appeared intoxicated to deputies around 2 p.m. He was arrested and booked at Madera County Jail.
* Dec. 24: Potential recovery of a possibly stolen snow mobile, which was reported stolen by the CHP on Dec. 14. The possible owner was contacted and given a case number, with the report forwarded to the CHP.
* Dec. 24: Mail theft reported from a community mailbox in the area of Road 426 and Sierra Lakes Drive.
* Dec. 24: Items reported possibly missing at an area home. The victim said she rented a room to a person with a restraining order against her, and claimed property is missing from the garage.
* Dec. 24: Mail theft reported in the 51000 block of Dorstan Drive.
* Dec. 26: Deputies were dispatched to the 40000 block of Elliott Drive when a person reported two people near the side of their house was attempting to break into their daughter’s bedroom. Investigation revealed the daughter was involved with some older high school students, who were mad at her and wanted to beat her up. A report was taken.
* Dec. 29: Alcohol was reportedly stolen from the CVS in Oakhurst, with an investigation conducted and no arrests made.
* Dec. 31: An adult male victim at Oakhurst Elementary School was assaulted in a nearby home, and sustained extensive facial injuries. Two male suspects were arrested and booked into Madera County Jail for felony battery charges.
* Jan. 2: Accidental discharge of a firearm reported in the 50000 block of Road 220. Minor injuries.
* Jan. 3: Burglary reported at a business residence in the 50000 block of Hangtree Lane.
* Dec. 21: Theft reported in the 35000 block of Highway 41.
* Dec. 22: Mail theft reported in the area of Wells Road and Wells Road W.
* Dec. 23: A vehicle was stolen in the 31000 block of Hogans Mountain Road. The victim said she knew the suspect personally. The CHP took a stolen vehicle report, and the victim wished to add a report on assault shortly before the car was taken.
* Dec. 24: Trash cans were reportedly stolen in the 42000 block of Ranger Circle Drive.
* Dec. 26: Outdoor lights reported stolen from the 30000 block of Roaring River Drive.
* Dec. 26: More outdoor lights stolen from the 43000 block of Running Deer Drive.
* Dec. 29: A male suspect assaulted a female victim in the 29000 block of Longview Lane E. The suspect was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail.
* Dec. 31: Mail theft reported from a community mailbox in the area of Wells Road and Franklin Road.
* Dec. 31: Residential burglary reported in the 30000 block of Seminole Drive.
* Jan. 1: Residential burglary reported in the 31000 block of Hogans Mountain Road, with money stolen from a travel trailer on the property.
* Jan. 1: A disturbance was reported between employees at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino. No party wished to file charges, and were turned over to casino personnel.
* Dec. 20: Burglary reported in the 60000 block of Happy Oak Lane.
* Dec. 21: Gas theft reported in the 57000 block of Old Mill Site Court.
* Dec. 23: Theft reported in the area of Wah Up Way and Road 222.
* Dec. 27: A North Fork man was arrested and booked for public intoxication in the 33100 block of Road 222.
* Dec. 24: Burglary reported in the 54000 block of Crane Valley Road.
* Dec. 28: A cabin in the Central Camp area was burglarized.
* Dec. 31: Items were stolen from the garage of a home in the 53000 block of Road 432.
* Dec. 31: Four people stuck in the snow were rescued by the Search & Rescue team in the area of Beasore and Sky Ranch roads.