During the week of Dec. 6 to Dec. 13, the Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to 11 calls of mail theft throughout the Mountain Area, as multiple mailbox clusters were broken into and parcels were stolen.
Those were part of 89 calls made to the sheriff’s office, including assault at the Chevron gas station in Coarsegold:
* Dec. 7: A deputy was dispatched to the 49000 block of Road 426 in regards to a vandalism report. No arrests were made.
* Dec. 7: During a vehicle stop in the area of John West Road at Fair Oaks Drive, a suspect was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail for three misdemeanor warrants, narcotics charges, and vehicle code violations.
* Dec. 7: Mail theft from a cluster of mailboxes at Indian Rock Road and Highway 49.
* Dec. 7: Theft reported at a business in the 40700 block of Highway 41.
* Dec. 8: Mail theft from a mailbox cluster in the 42000 block of Nelder Heights Drive, with a stolen package.
* Dec. 8: A student with marijuana in the 50000 block of School Road was sent to juvenile hall.
* Dec. 8: Case sent to detectives on reported child sexual abuse.
* Dec. 9: Deputy in the 40000 block of Highway 41 responded to a call about stolen tires. The tires were located on a dirt lot and turned over to the victim. Suspects still outstanding.
* Dec. 9: A Christmas tree was stolen from the front yard of a home in the 39000 block of Road 425B.
* Dec. 10: Mail theft in the area of Meadowwood Road and Stillmeadow Drive.
* Dec. 10: Theft occurred at a residential carport in the 50000 block of Presidio Way.
* Dec. 10: A person in the area of Highway 41, between Highway 49 and Civic Circle Drive, was cited on three warrants for his arrest.
* Dec. 10: During a vehicle stop on School Road near Road 426, the driver was arrested for two warrants out of separate counties and booked into Madera County Jail. Charges forwarded to the district attorney’s office.
* Dec. 11: Deputies were flagged down at an apartment complex on the 49500 block of School Road in regards to a suspsicious person. Once contacted, deputies found the suspect in possession of methamphetamine and related paraphernalia. The suspect was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail, with the case forwarded to the district attorney’s office.
* Dec. 11: A deputy assisted emergency medical services with an assault victim in the 49000 block of Rocky Cut Road.
* Dec. 12: Vehicle vandalism reported in the 42000 block of Buckeye Road. Prints were recovered to be processed.
* Dec. 7: Mail theft reported from a mailbox cluster in the area of Road 415 and Road 400.
* Dec. 7: Mail theft reported from a cluster of mailboxes at the area of Calvin Lane and Highway 41.
* Dec. 7: Deputies responded to reports of shots fired in the 27100 block of Stanford Avenue. After investigation, collected evidence was forwarded to detectives for follow up.
* Dec. 7: Investigation revealed a suspect stole items out of the bed of a pickup truck near the Chevron gas station on Meadow Ridge Road, then assaulted another customer with a sledgehammer. The suspect was arrested and booked at Madera County Jail.
* Dec. 8: Mail theft reported from a single mailbox at Skyline Ridge and Highway 41.
* Dec. 8: An unknown person was reportedly texting nude photos to a female juvenile. Deputy dispatched to the Oakhurst Substation to investigate, and forwarded case to detectives.
* Dec. 8: A bench was reported stolen from a home in the 49000 block of Vinnard Drive.
* Dec. 8: Mail theft reported at a cluster’s parcel box in the intersection of Wells Road and Eden Lane.
* Dec. 12: A male suspect was taken to jail for involvement in a domestic dispute.
* Dec. 12: Male suspect taken to jail for misdemeanor domestic violence and public intoxication during a family disturbance in the 32900 block of Weatherly.
* Dec. 10: During a preliminary hearing in the Sierra Division of Madera County Superior Court, a witness attacked a defendant in custody. The witness was arrested and booked into Madera County Jail for battery and disturbing the peace.
* Dec. 11: Mail theft reported in the 39000 block of Road 274.
* Dec. 8: A residence in the 41000 block of Road 600 was burglarized.
* Dec. 11: A male suspect with two no-bail warrants out of Mariposa County was arrested in the 42000 block of High Point Court and transferred to Mariposa deputies.
* Dec. 12: Lost firearm reported in the 41000 block of Loch Lomond Lane.
NOTE: The above is a sampling of 89 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of Dec. 6-Dec. 13, and is in no way inclusive. Defendants are presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.