Sierra Tel honored 32 employees with a combined 540 years of service to the company during the company’s 2015 Service Awards dinner Dec. 12 at Tenaya Lodge.
Cindy Huber, Sierra Tel’s Vice President Operations, served as the evening’s master of ceremonies. Prior to introducing the employees, Huber asked the crowd of 300 for a moment of silence in remembrance of Harry H. Baker, Jr., president of the company who passed away April 3, and other employees “no longer with us.”
* Karen Kirk, Pete Sanders, and Elfie Slayton were each honored for 35 years of service to the company, and five employees were recognized for 25 years of service - David Boggs, Doug Miller, Lisa Paul Samora, Carrie Pereira, and Susan Tyler.
* 20 years: Cheryl Doty, Sylvia Hinde, Mark Morris, Gene Poole, Vicki Thompson.
* 15 years: Lorene Garrett-Knight, Bob Heitman, Steve Herr, Cheryl McBrien, Susan Norman, Linda Oldfield, Matt Poulson, Hilary Rak, Guy “Radar” Raynor, Colleen Standen, Steve Vinson, Vicki Thompson.
* 10 years: Cindy Bennett, Mike Distaso, Matthew Schoonover, Tamy Wolk.
* 5 years: Terry Hammond, Will Irizarry, Lindsa Womack.
* 2015 Safety award: Charlene Klinger.
Special guests at the dinner included Madera County Sheriff Jay Varney, Madera County District Attorney David Linn, and Madera County District 5 Supervisor Tom Wheeler.