New to Oakhurst Library shelves are:
* Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee (Fiction). Originally written in the mid 1950’s, Go Set a Watchman was the novel Harper Lee first submitted to her publishers before To Kill a Mockingbird. Assumed to have been lost, the manuscript was discovered in late 2014.
* Ripped from the Pages: A Bibliophile Mystery by Kate Carlisle (Mystery). Excited to explore the secrets of wine country, master book binder Brooklyn attends an excavation of the caves hidden deep under her parent’s winery – and the findings are explosive. Unearthed is a hidden room with a mummified corpse.
* First to Fly by Charles Bracelen Flood (Non-Fiction). In First to Fly, historian Charles Bracelen Flood tells the story of the daredevil Americans of the Lafayette Escadrille, who flew in French planes, wore French uniforms, and showed the world an American brand of heroism before the United States entered the Great War.
* Insurgent, The Divergent Series: Insurgent raises the stakes for Tris as she searches for answers and allies in this star-powered, action-packed second adventure from the Divergent series.
* The Big Bang Theory: Seasons One through Four. Physicists Leonard and Sheldon understand everything from black holes to atoms. But take those atoms and assemble them into a woman, and their comprehension comes to a grinding halt.
* An American Tail. You will enjoy the adventures of a courageous little mouse named Fievel. Fievel braves the perils and wonders of a strange new world in a thrilling quest to find his family.
Children’s and Young Adult Titles
* Pieces and Players by Blue Balliett (Juvenile Fiction). Thirteen extremely valuable pieces of art have been stolen from one of the most secretive museums in the world – and nobody has any idea where they may be – or who might have stolen them.
* I Survived by Lauren Tarshis (Juvenile Series). I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79; I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871; I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011; and I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944.
* Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances by various authors (Young Adult). Enjoy these 13 stories in the fast-growing sub-genre of steampunk - which blends the old and the new, with heroines battling evil with supernatural help, while falling in and out of love.