Around 5 p.m. Sept. 4, two 18-year-old male high school students allegedly went on a rampage throughout the Oakhurst area in a silver Toyota Prius, driving erratically and smashing mailboxes in their path.
Around 5:25 p.m., deputies located the vehicle and took photographic evidence. Five residents on Buckeye Road, Shady Lane, Griffin Drive, and Goldside Drive requested vandalism charges, a misdemeanor, be filed on the two teens who reside in Oakhurst.
A report was written and forwarded to the Madera County District Attorney’s Office for charges. Neither suspect was arrested and their names weren’t released by the sheriff’s office given misdemeanor charges.
The Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to 83 calls through the week of Aug. 31 to Sept. 6, including numerous burglaries in the Mountain Area with a possible firearm theft in North Fork. For an interactive map of the alleged crimes, visit https://goo.gl/syLqch.
Here are some of the reported calls in the Mountain Area:
* Aug. 31: A bicycle was stolen from the 49000 block of Road 426.
* Aug. 31: The United States Post Office on Highway 49 was reportedly vandalized, with no suspects located.
* Aug. 31: A deputy reported that counterfeit money was received at a garage sale. Evidence was collected and a report was forwarded to the Secret Service for investigation.
* Aug. 31: Male near Enterprise Drive and Highway 41 was cited for multiple warrants out on his arrest.
* Sept. 1: A domestic violence order was violated in the 40300 block of Highway 41. The suspect left prior to a deputy’s arrival, and a report was sent to the district attorney’s office for criminal charges.
* Sept. 1: At a business in the 40000 block of Highway 41, a man was arguing with his mother and reportedly causing a scene. A deputy arrived and arrested the suspect for being drunk in public before he was later booked into Madera County Jail.
* Sept. 2: Two items were stolen from a vehicle in the 49000 block of Road 427.
* Sept. 2: A home in the 42000 block of Bridge Road was burglarized, and the case was forwarded to detectives.
* Sept. 2: At a business in the 40000 block of Highway 41, a male was reportedly yelling about having a bomb in his possession. Upon a deputy’s arrival, the man left the area and was not found. The investigation is ongoing.
* Sept. 3: A driver with an outstanding warrant was arrested during a vehicle stop near Highway 49 and Westlake Drive. The man was also in possession of stolen property from a reported burglary.
* Sept. 5: Theft was reported from unlocked vehicles in the 40000 block of Oakhurst View Court.
* Sept. 5: A home was burglarized in the 39000 block of Fair Oaks Court.
* Sept. 6: Vehicle burlgary was reported at the Lewis Creek Trail head.
* Sept. 1: Some guns and ammo were turned in to the Oakhurst substation for destruction.
* Sept. 2: Deputies responded to reports of a woman screaming and glass breaking at a home in the 31000 block of Cherokee Road. An intoxicated female was placed in custody and taken to the Madera County Jail. Charges were filed with the district attorney’s office.
* Sept. 2: Deputies responded to vandalism at the Yosemite Lakes Community Church, where a suspect or suspects broke into a room and ransacked it before fleeing the scene.
* Sept. 4: A drunk man in the area of Corral Drive and Corral Court was cited when it was determined he had a warrant out for his arrest.
* Sept. 5: A single-car accident caused the death of the car’s driver in the area of Road 415 and 416.
* Sept. 1: After checking on a subject near Road 223, between Timberview and Taylor Ridge, a person with three warrants was cited by a deputy.
* Sept. 3: Firearm theft was reported in the 57000 block of Road 225.
* Sept. 5: Three residences in the 58000 block of Road 225 and Lark Lane reported fuel was stolen from three different vehicles.
* Sept. 5: A home in the 58000 block of Rainbow Drive was burglarized.
* Sept. 6: A domestic violence report was taken and an emergency protective order issued on Road 225, with the case forwarded to the district attorney’s office for charges.
* Aug. 31: A leaf blower was stolen from the 41000 block of Road 600.
* Sept. 4: Threats were reported in the 41000 block of Road 600.
* Sept. 6: Theft reported from unlocked vehicles in the 46000 block of Road 620.
* Sept. 6: More theft reported from unlocked vehicles, and a shed, in the 44000 block of Road 628.
* Sept. 1: A person with an outstanding warrant was taken into custody from the 32000 block of Front Street.
* Sept. 5: A residence in the Cowboys Trail and Road 222 area was burglarized. No signs were seen of forced entry.
* Sept. 5: A man walked into Community Regional Medical Center of Fresno with a large cut on his arm. He told hospital staff he was hitchhiking on Highway 41 near Road 200 when he was stabbed. Case was referred to detectives for investigation.
Note: The above calls are a sampling of the 83 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of Aug. 31 to Sept. 6, and are in no way inclusive. All suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty.