On Aug. 13 at 7:58 a.m., a home between the 48000 and 48200 block of Road 620 in Oakhurst was found being used as an illegal marijuana growhouse, with a suspect in possession of a loaded firearm and methamphetamine. A second suspect was contacted and found possessing methamphetamine as well. Charges were filed on both suspects.
Other calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office for the week of Aug. 10-16 included:
* Aug. 10: An item was reported stolen from the 40000 block of Elliott Drive. Case was forwarded to detectives unit.
* Aug. 13: A male in the area of Road 632 and Country Club Drive was placed on a mental health hold after he was found yelling and cursing near a home.
* Aug. 13: 104 marijuana plants were eradicated from a home in the 41000 block of Pamela Place.
* Aug. 13: A dog bite was reported in the 42000 block of Buckeye Road. Victim was contacted and a statement obtained. Two dogs were removed from the owner’s residence and placed in quarantine.
* Aug. 13: Deputy notices damage to his patrol unit that wasn’t present before the Willow Fire. Damage was reported and case was closed.
* Aug. 14: A burglary three weeks ago in the 40000 block of Ely Way was reported and sent to detectives for investigation.
* Aug. 15: Bicycle was stolen in the 40000 block of Highway 41. Investigation led to no arrests.
* Aug. 15: An Arkansas resident called in to report her ex-husband as missing for nearly 3 months. Missing person thought to possibly be a local homeless man with a prior drug history. Report was taken and sent to detectives.
* Aug. 16: A man running around with a rifle in the 49000 block of Pierce Drive was arrested, and the gun was located at a nearbly location.
* Aug. 11: An assault was reported at the 36000 block of Highway 41 during a civil dispute. Deputies investigated and forwarded a report to the district attorney for prosecution.
* Aug. 13: Marjuana plants were discovered and eradicated from a home in the 35000 block of Douglas Road South.
* Aug. 13: A search warrant was served in the 46000 block of Skyline Ridge Road, where marijuana plants were then disposed of.
* Aug. 14: A handgun was reported stolen in the 450000 block of Strawberry Road. The weapon was entered into federal databases as stolen.
* Aug. 16: A man suffering from unknown chemical burns to his face and body refused to be transported to the hospital. An investigation was conducted and no arrests were made.
* Aug. 13: A suspect admitted to stealing beer from a market in the 57000 block of Road 225. Beer was returned to the store, and the case was referred to the district attorney’s office for charges.
* Aug. 14: An attempted breakin was reported at a church in the 56000 block of Road 200.
* Aug. 11: A home in the 42000 block of Road 800 was burglarized, with several items stolen. Forwarded to detectives for investigation.
* Aug. 13: An assault and runaway juvenile were reported in the 31000 block of East Street. A female assault victim was at the home. Case was forwarded for review by the district attorney’s office.
* Aug. 11: A deputy was dispatched to the 35000 block of Shriners in response to reports of a sex crime. No arrests were made, but a case report was written.
* Aug. 12: An assault was reported in the 37000 block of Road 222. Report written and case closed pending follow up with the business where the assault possibly occurred.
Note: The above calls are a sampling of the 101 calls to the Madera County Sheriff’s Office, and are in no way inclusive. All suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty.