A strong storm system off the Pacific coast will bring strong wind, heavy rain and mountain snow to northern California and the Pacific northwest beginning Wednesday evening.
A high wind warning will be in in effect from 10 a.m. Dec. 11, until 10 p.m. Dec. 11 and a flood watch will be in effect from 10 a.m. Dec. 11, until 10 p.m. Dec. 12.
Attached is the list for Madera County, City of Madera, and City of Chowchilla for sand and sandbag drop site locations. Residents must provide their own shovels. Sandbags may also be available – for purchase – at the following locations:
* Valley Feed - 121 N. Gateway Dr., Madera (559) 674-6735
* Home Depot - 2155 N. Schnoor Ave., Madera (559) 675-0127
* Madera County Fire Station #3 (559-661-0507) - 25950 Avenue 18 1⁄2, Madera
* Madera County Fire Station #8 (559-683-8008) - 47050 Road 417 (and Quartz Mtn Rd), Coarsegold
* Madera County Fire Station #19 (559-645-1399) - 35141 Bonadelle Ave., Madera
* CAL FIRE Rancheria Fire Station (559-877-2322) - 53488 Road 200, O’Neals/North Fork
* Madera County Fire Station #12 (559-683-4808) - 48355 Liberty Drive, Oakhurst
* Madera Power, LLC 11427 Firebaugh Blvd - Corners of Avenue 7 and Avenue 71⁄2, Firebaugh
Maywood Center (vacant lot) - Avenue 12, Madera Ranchos
* Bass Lake Sewer Plant (Behind Court Bldg.) - Road 274, Bass Lake
* Next to Madera County Central Garage - 14355 Rd. 28, Madera
* Sewer Treatment Plant (Hours: M-F 7:00 am-3:30 pm) - Victoria Lane, Oakhurst
* Ponding Basin - Avenue 24 / Road 19
* Public Works Corporation Yard * 1030 S. Gateway, Madera Normal Operating Hours: M-F 7:00am – 4:00pm
BAGS AVAILABLE AFTER PW YARD’S NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS At: *
* Madera City Fire Station #6 (559-661-5499) - 317 North Lake St. (Lake/Fresno River), Madera
* Madera City Fire Station #7 (559-661-5499) - 200 S. Schnoor (Schnoor/Industrial), Madera
* Rotary Park - N. Gateway Drive (Cleveland/N. Gateway), Madera
* Clinton and Tozer (Across from Millview School)
Vacant field – SE Corner “E” & 14th Street – (Vacant Lot Across from RR Tracks)
* Note: The City of Madera drop site locations are for Madera City residents only.
City of Madera Sandbag Distribution: 10 SANDBAGS PER RESIDENT
City of Chowchilla:
* Public Works Corporation Yard - 360 N. 1st Street, Chowchilla
Sand/Sandbags will be available outside entrance gate
(Yard Access is Closed to the Public)
For Madera County residents:
Sand is available at the ponding basin on avenue 24/road 19; and sandbags for madera county residents available - outside gate entrance - at the public works corporation yard located on 1st street in Chowchilla.