The four Central Valley national parks Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, and Lassen along with all other national parks will have free entry on nine days in 2014.
The 2014 entrance fee-free days are:
* Jan. 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
* Feb. 15-17: Presidents Day weekend.
* April 19-20: National Park Weeks opening weekend.
* Aug. 25: National Park Services 98th birthday.
* Sept. 27: National Public Lands Day.
* Nov. 11: Veterans Day.
Americas national parks welcome more than 280 million visitors a year and to say thanks for that support and invite every American to visit these treasures that they own, we are declaring nine days of free admission next year, says Jonathan Jarvis, National Park Service director.
National parks not only protect and preserve the places we most value, they also add enormous economic value to nearby communities and the entire nation.
Jarvis said visitor spending represents a $30 billion annual benefit to the national economy and supports more than 250,000 jobs.