A lot of people will be gathering for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, and one thing is for sure: people love to snack. Keep your guests full and happy with some tasty appetizers, and don't forget to save a few for yourself! May you all have a safe and Happy New Year.
Cheesy bacon cups
- 2 packages (3-oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 package refrigerated flaky biscuits (10-ounce)
- 5 bacon slices cooked, crumbled, and divided
- Preheat oven to 375. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Add cheese and chopped green onion.
- Separate biscuits, and pat into 5-inch circles. Press circles into greased 3 1/2-inch muffin cups, leaving a 1/4-inch border at top of each cup. Sprinkle evenly with half of bacon; top with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining bacon, gently pressing into filling.
Baked artichoke and crab dip
This calls for the canned artichoke hearts that are not marinated, but you could substitute the marinated type if you wish.
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 pound crab meat, picked over for bits of shell
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 6-by-9-inch baking dish (or similar size). Set small skillet over medium heat. Add oil and saute bell pepper until tender.
- Combine artichokes, jalapeno, mayonnaise, green onions, pimento, Parmesan, lemon juice, Worcestershire, celery salt and sauteed bell pepper in large bowl. Fold in crab meat.
- Place mixture in baking dish, and sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with tricolored tortilla chips.
Hot broccoli cheese dip
From Knudsen company.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Knudsen Sour Cream
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 350. Beat cream cheese, sour cream and dressing mix with mixer until blended. Add broccoli and 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Spread into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese; bake 5 more minutes or until melted. Serve with crackers.
Vegetable pizza with potato crust
- 2 (3 to 4 large potatoes) firmly-packed cups grated raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425. Butter a 15-by-10-inch baking dish.
- Place raw potatoes in a colander. Salt potatoes and let set for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, flour, and eggs. Pat potato mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake 15 minutes. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake another 10 minutes. Place under broiler; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until golden crisp. Remove from oven and maintain oven temperature.
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (5.3-ounce) package soft goat cheese (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Prepare potato crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, summer squash, yellow pepper, red pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the vegetables until they are crisp tender, stirring often. Remove pan from heat.
- Spread goat cheese over baked potato crust; top with cooked vegetables and tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil and mozzarella cheese. Bake approximately 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Cut into serving pieces.